Due to the continued seriousness of covid-19, we have not been able to have our annual volunteer appreciation dinner for the 2nd year in a row. In its place this year, we celebrated our volunteers on various days with small-scaled events including “volunteer Olympics” with choice of breakfast or lunch, and an olympic awards ceremony at which we also presented our annual volunteer superlatives. please enjoy the slideshow of our 2022 winners! All of our volunteers are awarded our immeasurable love and appreciation!
Charlie Bunn Service Award
The annual Charlie Bunn Service Award is awarded to an outstanding volunteer who models the volunteer ethic, ethos and spirit exemplified by Charlie Bunn over the many years and countless hours he volunteered and worked side-by-side with others at Eastern Catawba Cooperative Christian Ministry, Inc.
Volunteers are nominated by open nominations via an official ECCCM Charlie Bunn Volunteer Service Award nomination form. A selection committee comprised of volunteers and ECCCM staff members reviews all nominations and is responsible for the selection of the annual recipient, who will be honored at the annual volunteer appreciation dinner. The family of Charlie Bunn will make a donation to ECCCM in honor of the annual recipient.
The criteria that will determine the recipient of the annual ECCCM Charlie Bunn Volunteer Service Award will be comprised of the following attributes.
- Demonstration of passion and dedication to ECCCM.
- Contributions to ECCCM’s mission, putting ECCCM first.
- Commitment, dependability and conscientiousness.
- Leadership abilities and knowledge of operations, regulations and priorities.
- Strong work ethic, selfless service, volunteer ethos, spirit of cooperation and charity.
- Logic and thinking for organizational skills in food pantry/warehouse area.
- Demonstration of innovations, initiatives, ideas, vision, team player.
- Evidence of giving back to the community through volunteering at ECCCM.
CHARLIE BUNN SERVICE AWARD WINNERS
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR 2022 VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR, ANITA DEAL!
WE ARE EXTREMELY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR EXEMPLARY SERVICE!
2021 CONGRATULATIONS TO JACOB KELLER!
WE APPRECIATE YOUR STELLAR SERVICE, ESPECIALLY DURING THIS CHALLENGING YEAR!
PHOTO: AWARD PRESENTATION BY OUR DIRECTOR OF FOOD PANTRY OPERATIONS, ALLEN SHERRILL
2019 CONGRATULATIONS TO DOT HOLDSCLAW!
WE WILL ALWAYS MISS YOU, DOT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING SERVICE!